1. Practice mindfulness
2. Play, laugh and enjoy the simple things.
3. Develop an attitude of gratitude.
4. Invest in, and nurture, your relationships.
5. Give up your attachment to outcomes.
6. Decide to be adventurous and try new things.
7. Choose to live life at a slower pace, and don’t be driven by a sense of urgency.
8. Give up the need to be in control.
9. Accept that you are human and life won’t be perfect.
10. Don’t compare yourself to others.
"Don’t let small minds convince you that your dreams are too big." -Unknown
You have the power to reach for and accomplish whatever great goals you want. Don’t let anything stop you from dreaming big.
BODY POSITIVITY POST #2: BELLIES
**huuuge thank you to everyone who submitted a picture of themselves, the ones who wanted to be off anonymous will be credited at the end ok**
****one thing i want you to do is DO NOT COMPARE THESE BELLIES OTHER THE SENSE THAT HEY, NONE OF THESE THE SAME. yes, some are fatter. others narrow. some curvy. a few have major rolls and flab. select tums are hard and rigid with muscles. all super interesting and yeah, are some more attractive than others? i guess sure we all like our own thing but none of these are “ugly” cause i mean c’mon, not only are these people ALIVE but they had the guts (HA) to send photos of themselves. they’re automatically like x10 hotter dang looks like we’re all gonna have to make out or something*****
TUMMIES! A really problematic area for so many people. Really interesting, in the submission captions of the pictures I received many of ya’ll pointed out flaws as if you had to justify sending me a picture of you. Insecurities about the tummy were from stretch marks, hair, rolls, even being thin. (I feel weird talking to y’all like in this person but ill do it anyways) ok so ask yourself, WHY you think these characteristics of your body are wrong? WHY do you think having excess fat or “not enough” fat or “too much” hair, etc etc are suddenly something that you need to explain or excuse or to feel sorry/ugly for?! and these aren’t rhetorical questions. truly ask yourself WHERE you picked up these insecurities, WHEN you started to feel ugly or bad bout your belly. (((i think your nerd self will find it’s from comparing yourself + being told beauty comes in only one form))
- but really, your stomach is fucking metal as hell. there is literally this mini universe inside your abdomen, digesting food but also “knowing” not to digest itself (an endless supply of neutralizing mucus is released when the enzymes are- these proteins break down food and is strong as fuck- and the mucus shit keeps you from eating yourself hahah). its a lil step in the way of your body getting all its nutrients and shit like dude, as unappealing as you think your bonsa looks, without it you would die probably??
- so the FAT on your bonsa there are different kinds. and as you can see, everyone stores fat differently. genetics is what ya know does that lol, you can lose weight and all but still have a thick “waist” (which btw is nothing, its literally used to describe the space between your bottom rib and hip, relying totally on your BONE STRUCTURE, NOT YOUR WEIGHT) or have a flat tum + love handles or trimmed waist with lower pudge. all kinds of combinations!!!! all super cute i mean look at yourself, look at these people and how different people are. totally normal!! no ones the same!!!!! its almost as if humans are never carbon copies like the media/beauty industry romanticizes oH WAIT.
- anyways, lots of things affect your body. obviously your lifestyle choices/diet play into but you would be surprised at what’s more…underneath (??) or whatever that does, too. like your hormones!! whether its from stress, pregnancy, periods. whatever. with all these chemicals inside you, of course some will be out of whack or just a little different than regularly which can affect how your tummy looks. you can be fit and healthy as fuck, and still be fat. your belly has lots of shit to deal cut it some slack dude!!!!!!!!!!! your lower pudge, or the subcutaneous fat, protects your body like some sort of super soft and shock absorbing shield. similar job description to your lil rib cage, its like wow your body protects you so much??? don’t hate it due to something as trivial as looks pal. cause you can look as hot as you want but hey we all grow old and we are all gonna die, its bologna to waste time hating your body and aspects of it bc super impermanent and certainly not something that determines your beauty or worth yo
- to people who have scars: your body was cut open, for some a hand or tool were literally put into your body!!! what the FUCK you were open like a goddamn window then sewn shut and you’re still ALIVE! a bionic goddess/god actually. to people who have lots of rolls and flab: excess skin and extra fat doesn’t make you or your tum ugly or any less cool. your muscles inside are contracting, you are able to transform a tangible product aka food into energy??? your body literally is breaking down these compounds into ya know simpler and useful substances, distributing everything all over??? keeping your nerd self thriving with energy and.. ALIVENESS (i’m gonna use that in every post i’m gonna make it a word ok). so what if you’ve got flab? i’m sure its mad cool to touch and squeeze + who doesn’t like soft things ya know
- so yeah okay bellies. all sizes and lengths n colors and other shit- all are super cool. its a really sensitive area. physically in the sense hormones affect it hella as well as what we eat (IE water retention, too much sodium, processed food making our digestion more difficult, genetics setting our bone structure and weight distribution IN STONE). mentally, our outlook on our tums can really hold us back like with any insecurity. whether its hiding your figure in baggy clothes or refusing to wear a baring top or strutting it at the beach or letting a lover see you in the light. and for those who sent in pictures can we just take a moment for them?? they bared all, no hiding no angles no sucking in no spanx. if you didn’t send in a picture i would take one right now (you can delete it right after) or look in the mirror for a bit. pick out all the areas you think are “wrong” and try to find something good, or to rub yourself and be like “yo thanks for holding in my guts and shit you’re the real MVP”. treat your body well, with healthy fuel and with gratitude.
THANK YOU: whollylaney, screamyenaa, @imaginati0nfigment, @kuma-senpaii, cercavoamore, vegan-smiles, baref00t-traveller, veganndreams , elen-aah, melodic-rainn, influencial-past, nervousmaybe, ly0nesse, smallandpowerfulcat, nicks-muscles, thotpocketss, phototribe, junebuds, trishadelrey, weareinfinitefreedom, baby-can-you-hear-me, @thatpunkrockerkid plainjanefaye, drycember, and—we-wont-run, @beyonddperception FOR SHARING THEIR CUTE SELVES AND TO THE ANONS OF COURSE X
1. Make a playlist of all your favorite songs, old ones you may have totally forgotten about from middle school or ones that bring back good memories.
2. Take a walk outside. I find I only start to feel worse and wallow if I let myself melt into my bed and engage in the bad feelings.
3. Organize your drawers or closet. It feels good to be productive when you feel like a worthless idiot on the inside. You can look at your clean clothes and feel like a human again.
4. Eat something decadent. Make an ice cream sundae or smores. They’re not just for camping!
5. Go through your phone and delete anyone you no longer talk to or anyone who sucks and makes your life worse.
6. Draw. I have a stack of paper and some colored pencils for just such an occasion. It’s relaxing and fun and won’t stress you out.
7. Call your best friend. No one talks on the phone anymore. I hate it. Let’s all talk in voices!
8. Get some sparkly temporary tattoos and give yourself the weirdest tramp stamp ever. Or decorate your whole arm. Whatever. You know you loved it as a kid.
9. Re-read your favorite book. Highlight the passages that make you love it so much so you’ll never forget them.
10. Start watching “The Wire” or “Arrested Development,” whichever is more your speed at the moment. Indulge in some quality programming to remind yourself life is worth living and people still make good stuff.
11. Read everything you can find about your favorite sports team. If you’re not already, become an expert on the team’s history, statistics and players. It’ll take your mind off you for a while.
12. Go volunteer with animals in some way. Being around cuties and fluffies will brighten your mood, and so will helping those in need.
13. Write someone else a really nice email. Just an out-of-the-blue “thanks for being so great!” email. Why not?
14. Do some yoga poses. You can look them up online if you don’t know any. Try holding them and breathing slowly.
15. Go on Youtube and watch all the “fail” videos you can find. Be grateful you are not that person. Being you isn’t so bad!
16. Light some candles, turn off the lights and meditate for as long as you can hold it.
17. Or do the same and touch yourself. Have a little solo romance, among candles. Are you trying to seduce you?
18. Look up some family genealogy stuff on the internet. Did you know your great-great-great uncle owned a department store in Russia? Now you do! And hey, your ancestors probably had it a lot worse. Since you know, no plumbing and iPhones and stuff.
19. Futz around with your hair. Add some color or see what it would look like curly or in a beehive.
20. Do your make up. Make it look crazy or much thicker than you’d normally wear it. What would you look like as Amy Winehouse or Ke$ha? You’re in the comfort of your own home. Why not see?
21. Eat fruit. Fruit has sugars that can lift your mood. Go for the pineapple and blueberries. Or make yourself a smoothie.
22. If you have a journal, go back and read old entries. Remember all that stuff you cared about a year ago that now doesn’t matter?
23. Smile. Even if you don’t feel like it, sometimes moving the muscles in our face activates chemicals in our brains to lift our moods. Smiling when you don’t want to can actually help you feel better.
YOU ARE NECESSARY
YOU ARE IMPORTANT
YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HERE
You work so hard, just to end up at home crying yourself to sleep; remember you’re trying, you are moving mountains that have plagued you since you were young, and you’re trying so hard.
Keep fighting, fight until you have won. Fight until you have found your way home, until the sun comes back and your heart learns to love the mornings again.
We all have those days when nothing seems to go your way no matter how hard you try. A bad day here and there isn’t too bad, but what do you do if you’re stuck feeling slow and groggy for a while? Here are some tips on how to brighten up and get your groove back.
1) Write your goals down
It’s a lot easier not to follow through with something if you’ve never written it down. Writing your goals down makes them real; it gives you a good perspective on what it is that you want to accomplish. Once you write them down you can start to organize them from easiest to most challenging.
2) Get up early
Even on your days off, try to wake up early. A few extra hours in the morning can give you time to sort your thoughts out and prepare you for the day. It’s hard to get motivated if you’re stressed about chores and other things happening at home.
3) Stick to a schedule
Try to do a little bit every day at the same time. This will become habit and you’ll begin to feel strange if you aren’t moving towards your goals.
4) Drink lots of water
The best thing you can give your body is lots of water. Not only will drinking more water give you a boost of energy, but it keeps your body hydrated and allows it to flush out the nasty toxins we absorb every day. More negativity in your body means more space for inspiration and that is the driving force behind motivation.
5) Think good thoughts
If you believe you will fail, you will. Try thinking good thoughts about your future plans and you will begin to believe them. Where there’s a will, there’s a way, and you’re never going to get there if you don’t think you can do it.
6) Find inspiration
What is your muse? Find something that really makes you believe in your goals. It could be a book, an idea, or an influential person. Tape reminders to your desk or on your mirror. Inspiration is a powerful tool you can use to make even your wildest dreams come true.
7) Breathe deep
Take a breath and clear your mind. What is it that you really want to do? It’s easy to get carried away with the little details so it’s important to remind yourself that you’re only human. There are only 24 hours in a day and seven days in a week. Take some time for yourself to relax and gain perspective.
8) Start small
Don’t bite off more than you can chew! The bigger the dream the harder it is to accomplish so remember to take baby steps. It’s the little things that count and in time, they will grow to something bigger.
Try #1 right now. Try #5 tomorrow morning. These little tricks are a sure-fire way to put a bounce back in your step and help you feel a little bit better about life.